Things You Can Learn About Ryan Adams From the Lyrics He Changes or Leaves Out in 1989
Or what he chooses to leave in.
- •He isn't attracted to James Dean and he doesn't wear red lipstick"You've got that Daydream Nation look in your eye/I got that pent up love thing that you like."
- •His love interest is a brunette and he likes tight butts (and he cannot lie). Oh Ryan you pervert."You've got that long brown hair thing that I like/you've got that good girl faith and ass so tight"
- •He too has a long list of ex lovers who will tell you he's insane. He too loves the players. He too has a blank space in which he will write your name.
- •He doesn't perceive himself to be a nightmare dressed like a daydream
- •He doesn't think he can make the bad guys good for a weekend :(
- •He doesn't perceive himself to be young"So goddamn reckless, we'll take this way too far"
- •He doesn't believe that while you were getting down and out about the liars and the dirty dirty cheats of the world you could have been getting down to this sick beat
- •His love interest is "handsome""She's so tall, and handsome as hell" ...he could have changed this to "pretty" but intentionally didn't
- •I like to imagine that when he sings bad blood its about someone who truly wronged him--maybe a friend who slept with his mom or killed his mom or something like that. But it could be some high school bullshit who knows?