THINGS I WAS DOING THAT KEPT ME FROM LISTING : A COMEBACK STORY
It's been a long time. I shouldn't have left you without... Ok, I won't. I'm standing in line for The Force Awakens, so I figured I'd give y'all a personal update. Here's why I've been listless for a minute.
- •WorkingI work for 9Five Eyewear, an eyewear company (obviously) based in San Diego (not obviously). Black Friday was bonkers for us. I run the shipping dept. so things were especially fun (not fun) for me. Business hasn't slowed since. With the holidays approaching things have been steadily busy keeping my hands worked to the bone and my mind empty.
- •Visiting VA (again)I spent part of my formative years living in Virginia. My mother's family is based there. Late last year, my grandmother - the only one I have left AND the one I get my red hair from - was diagnosed with colon cancer. It wasn't a reason I wanted to go visit for, but it was a reason that made me visit nonetheless. I was just there with my fiancé in March, but I got to visit again for Thanksgiving. It was stellar. "Virginia is for lovers." And fighters.
- •Trying To WriteI love writing, especially when something pops up in my heart or mind and just flows out of me. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen as often as I'd like. Most of the time I have to sit down with the intention of writing and force myself to write. Those times are tough, but I'm trying to make them more of a habit, so I can become a better at this thing I love doing.
- •Interviewing PeopleBy "people" I mean one person in particular. Thanks to @thehundreds I got the chance to meet and interview someone who's creative work has been a part of my life since my childhood. Stay tuned for more on that!
- •More WorkLike I said, work has been busy.
- •Waiting To See My FiancéMy fiancé and I are in a long distance relationship. We dated for about 4yrs before I moved away and our relationship has been long distance style since. She's only 3hrs away, so we get to visit each other pretty often - but it's never often enough. Never.
- •Seeing Star WarsThat's happening tonight! Soon! Oh, shit!