Tips for Hosting a Kids Sleepover
I've hosted upwards of three sleepovers now and this is what I've learned. And I have girls so I have no idea if these tips are applicable to boys.
- •Nail your pancake recipe.This will be how you'll be remembered. You can't screw this up.
- •Pick your movie beforehand.Nothing worse than surfing netflix with five amped up 7 year olds.
- •Pick a good cop and a bad cop.This is essential for getting everyone to sleep. You need a closer.
- •Let them think they're getting away with something.That's the magic of a sleepover, ordinary rules are off. So you gotta act like these kids are going nuts, even of they're just eating popsicles at 8:15 at night.
- •It's the little things.I thought that would look good as one of the bullet points. And it does.
- •Nothing is set in stone.Yeah, you might think the craft table you set up is the shit, but if they suddenly want to have a dance party roll with it, dude.
- •Be prepared for pissed beds.As a kid who pissed his bed at multiple sleepovers, I always make sure to figure out a way to deal with it in a way where none of the other kids find out. And don't let them sleep anywhere you don't want piss.
- •Don't try to be the cool dad.Kids might not be super smart but they can smell you trying too hard from a mile away.