Follow up to my last list
- •omg so like
- •I live in a black suburbA suburb with black people and only *I* can call it that
- •There's this biking/running trail by my house that a lot of the white people use from the neighboring town
- •And like there's this whole TRAIL CULTURE that I didn't know existed and no one prepared me for I just had to learn
- •Here is what I've learned:
- •A lot of people will greet you really chipper with "Mornin'!" Never "good morning" or "hi!". Always "mornin'!"
- •But if you see a person twice, like on your way back, you don't say anything OR you give a tight lipped smile like "haha we already saw each other isn't this awkward"
- •You don't have to greet someone if:
- •you are two suburban moms on your morning walk and gossiping about your ugly mutual neighbor Sharonyou are deep in the convo and can't be interrupted
- •you are a really fast, muscular jogger manyou are much too deep into important training to say "Mornin'!"
- •you have kidsyou gotta make sure Susie doesn't ride up ahead too far because Joshua can't keep the fuck up because he's riding his Big Wheels which is not even a real bike ugh and it's hard to control Mitsy's newfangled baby stroller with only the one wheel in the front like a fucking wheelbarrow why is this supposed to be easier and oh shit I forgot to say "Mornin'!" to that jogger but man fuck it HEY SUSIE
- •Bikers always say "on your left" when they're coming on your left