THE TOP SHELF
Things I use in the perpetual and on-going pursuit of unattaintable beauty standards and/or glowing skin.
- 1.Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner: A slick black cat-eye liquid liner. Smudge-proof, even on oily eyelids, and its lasting power is the stuff of legends: it's the only thing that stays on my face after a hot yoga session.
- 2.NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Mysterious Red: Best lipstick ever (coming from someone who is now bordering on hoarder status because of the number of lipsticks she owns in various textures and shades of red). Long-lasting, so easy to touch-up that you don't need a mirror, fades away so gradually after many drinks that it looks deliberate.
- 3.Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair: Some nights I wonder at the sheer marketing genius of this serum that I have been putting on my face religiously each night for the past 5 years. Does it really "repair" my face? What is it more "advanced" than? It is really worth £1.40 per ml? On most other nights, though, it is my magic elixir.
- 4.Benefit's Erase Paste: Secret weapon to combatting dark under-eye circles and evening out skin tone.
- 5.Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Luminizing Pen: For that almost-invisible boost that only a highlighter pen can give you.
- 6.Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Ruby: The best hybrid red lip stain-lip balm I've ever used.
- 7.Kiehl's Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter: Superbly moisturizing, but neither sticky nor heavy.
- 8.Goe All-Over Body Oil: Picked this up as an impulse buy at Liberty and am now addicted. It can be used for anything: legs, knees, elbows, hands, hair, dry patches of skin (thanks Winter) and it warms up in your hands, activated by your body heat. Feels incredibly luxurious.
- 9.NARS Bronzer in Laguna: The secret to making it look like my very round face actually has cheekbones.
- 10.NARS Blush in Orgasm: Holy Grail blush. Just the right mix of subtlety and "look at me, look at me".