BEST ADVICE I’VE EVER RECEIVED
These pieces of advice help me keep on keepin' on.
- •Do the best you can with what you have where you are.It always comes down to this. It sounds obvious (as most advice seems to be) but when you find yourself so worried about something you're not taking action, this helps bring you down to earth.
- •No one owes you anything, and you don't owe anyone anything.My dad told me this once, and it really stuck. He was explaining that when you do something nice for someone, you do it to be nice, not to expect something in return. When someone is nice to you, it's natural to want to be nice to them too, but don't feel that you owe them anything.
- •Don't be lazy.This one stuck with me longer than I thought it would. There are many times during the day when I know I should do something, but feel lazy and don't. This phrase is a good reminder.
- •Fitness is a giftI don't mean that everyone should want to be a bodybuilder or a power lifter. But the idea that so many people don't have the option of being active, and the benefits that come from that, remind me that the ability of being active is a gift. To each their own, but I can't help but be thankful to use fitness as a way to feel better and help with a high quality of life.
- •If your stuff is good, people will notice.I've seen many versions of this, but the idea is the same. It's easy to feel like maybe what you created, or the work you are doing is going unnoticed. You start to wonder why others' work is getting noticed. This quote reminds me to focus on want I'm doing, and learn to do it to the best of my ability. As my work gets better, it'll get noticed. Beyond that, I need to stop worrying about how much attention I'm getting in that moment.