Movies I Watched With My Dad Growing Up
My dad liked to record movies that were shown on tv back in the day. Here were some of my favorites:)
- •The JerkThis was probably the one my brother and I quoted the most often. So many good lines!
- •The Three AmigosThis was my favorite. I introduced it to my two best friends in Jr. High and we called ourselves the Three Amigos (I was Ned Nedelander). When my youngest is in school, I'm totally making these costumes for my three boys and they're performing "My Little Buttercup" in the school talent show.
- •Blazing SaddlesI watched this for the first time when I was pretty young (9? 10?) so I didn't get a lot of the jokes, but I loved it anyway.
- •The Man With Two BrainsCan you tell my dad was a big Steve Martin fan?
- •StripesI grew up near Louisville, where the beginning of this movie was filmed, so it was always fun recognizing the sites.
- •Life StinksI probably watched this one the least amount of times, but my dad did a spot on impression of Mel Brooks saying "Life Stinks" so it always stuck with me 😊