MY FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPE 🍴
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •The Ultimate Prime Rib
- •We do this every year for Christmas Eve🎄
- •Comes out perfect every time. No joke.
- •Prime rib (standing rib roast) of any sizeGo big or go home. You don't want to be short on it servings. Have the butcher separate the meat from the ribs but tie them together
- •Sea salt, cracked pepper and a jar of beef pasteI use Better than Bullion organic version
- •Rub the entire outside of the prime meat with the entire jar of beef paste. No, it's not too much
- •Pat on sea salt and cracked pepper
- •Let it sit at room temperature for an hour
- •Put it in a shallow roasting pan fat side up. Don't cover!
- •Roast at 375 for an hour
- •Turn off the oven. Don't open the oven!!!
- •Leave the oven off and shut for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- •Go do your Christmas Eve thing. Caroling. 👼 Candlelight service (that's what we do). 🕯🕯Open presents. 🛍Get hammered with a nice, classy red wine 🍷🍷But don't open the oven. No matter how good it smells.
- •Turn the oven back on at 375 for 30-40 minutes before eating
- •Prepare for meat heaven
- •The most important thing is DON'T OPEN THE OVEN UNTIL THE WHOLE PROCESS IS OVER.