THE LESSER KNOWN SACRIFICES OF GETTING PREGNANT AND HAVING A BABY
Ok so some of these are well publicized. But still. I am the mother of a "three-nager" and a 2 month old. My kids are the coolest around. But there are things that I have had to give up that I miss dearly. These are the things I most look forward to enjoying again someday...
- •Wearing whateverWhen you're pregnant you wear maternity clothes. But that's not the end of it! As a nursing mom, I have to constantly think about how easy it is to feed or pump in what I wear. I look forward to a time where I can pull something out of my closet and only worry about whether or not I look fat in it.
- •CaffeineI am a self proclaimed coffee and tea addict. We're talking several cups a day. Limiting myself to one a day is, perhaps, the ultimate sacrifice.
- •Drinking what I wantOf course the alcohol. But also soda. I don't even like soda but the fact I shouldn't have it makes me long for it....
- •Time with my husbandPregnancy makes things weird. Then a newborn in the bassinet next to the bed makes things weird. And being up all night doesn't help. And an interrupting toddler doesn't help. Even to have a regular adult conversation.
- •Adult vacationsPlanning a trip without making sure it was kid friendly. Getting away for the weekend without packing up half the house.
- •Bathroom privacyI can't remember the last time I got to use the restroom or shower alone
- •Adult conversationEspecially with your spouse. I long for the days where our conversation doesn't revolve around baby poop or day care drop off and pick up. We used to be able to talk about anything. But we usually just spoke in quotes from The Office and Friends.
- •But I wouldn't trade my life for the whole worldLife will never be the same. But perhaps that means it's better
- •Time to ReadThere's never a quiet moment that I can do this. Unless it's reading Fox In Socks over and over again.Suggested by @SharinaWunders