THOUGHTS ON MOVING DAY
Compiled during a 3rd floor to 3rd floor apartment move
- •Driving a big UHaul whilst hungover is a lot like texting exclusively with your non-dominant hand. And It sukcs
- •Inevitably, a piece of heavy furniture is going to fall over. Try not to get crushed under it. Remember that you're moving by yourself. It's going to be a while for anyone to hear your cries
- •Resist the urge to throw all clothing, bedding, etc out the window. You'll probably crush a rat somehow.
- •If you're moving in with a new roommate, is it rude if he/she does not help you bring your belongings?
- •If he/she does help, can you just say variations of "thanks!" every time you cross paths in the stairway? Do you have to get a gift? Should you?
- •If you lock yourself out on your first night, what happens?
- •Good call holding on to your old keys, now you have a place to sleep.
- •Never again.