MY MORNING ROUTINE
I basically spend my life trying to perfect the below, but it's never perfect.
- •7A: Stir 'n wakeAlarm: iPhone Twinkle, 'cause I like to ease into being awake and not be jarred. Usually grunt twice.
- •Hit snooze.At least 5 times. Feeling is unparalleled, euphoric even. @dandylyons and I have been searching for a way to not snooze for so long. Turns out, it's hard.
- •iPhone checkGeneral order: GMail, Instagram, Listapp, all in a 30 second manic scroll. I've read you're not supposed to do this immediately, but can't stop. Ideally, I'd sleep with my iPhone in another room.
- •Lemon waterAmble to kitchen, grab a mason jar and go 8 oz of water with 1/2 a squeezed lemon. The other half (and cup) is for @dandylyons. It's supposed to get your tummy enzymes going.
- •ShowerRecently switched from Dr. Bronner's Eucalyptus to unscented Baby Mild 'cause I thought it'd be better for sensitive skin. Jury's out. I shower fast.
- •Bathroom share@dandylyons usually comes in and gets ready while I'm still showering. It's a delicate dance but we do it well and it lets us catch up.
- •Get dressedAgain, fast. Most time spent on shoe choice, depending on what's happening at work that day.
- •BreakfastEither steel cut oats with walnuts and flax seed and almond butter and coconut butter at home (luxury) or the basic oats from the commissary at work (meh).
- •Commute to work25 minute walk or 15 in the car. Been meaning to get back into biking.
- •Make coffeeVery special and important. Usually local beans I hand grind and brew in an Aeropress at work (ideally I do this at home but usually not). I could do an entire list on my arduous process.