10 STORY IDEAS ABANDONED BY F. SCOTT FITZGERALD
...as gleaned from “Literary Outtakes,” (edited by Larry Dark and available for $0.01 on Amazon).
- •"Lois and the bear hiding in the Yellowstone."
- •"Fairy who fell for a wax dummy."
- •"A Funeral: His own ashes kept blowing in his eyes. Everything was over by six and nothing remained but a small man to mark the spot. There were no flowers requested or proffered. The corpse stirred faintly during the evening but otherwise the scene was one of utter quietude."
- •"Girl and giraffe.”
- •"A tree, finding water, pierces roof and solves a mystery.”
- •"Marionettes during dinner party meeting and kissing."
- •"The Tyrant Who Had To Let His Family Have Their Way For One Day.”
- •"Play in which revolutionist in big scene - 'Kill me,' etc. - displays all bourgeois talents hitherto emphasized, paralyzes them with his superiority, and then shoots them."
- •"Girl whose ear is so sensitive she can hear radio. Man gets her out of insane asylum to use her.”
- •"A man hates to be a prince, goes to Hollywood and has to play nothing but princes. Or a general - the same."