Things I never should have taken for granted (when I wasn't a mom)
- •Naps.If you are tired, nap. If you are free for 29 minutes, nap. If it is the weekend, nap. Nap whenever possible.
- •Showers (where my body has my undivided attention)Now I am either staring hard and having a mental conversation with a baby monitor while shampooing or playing peekaboo with an astonished individual from behind the shower curtain. Just need a few extra minutes baby. Mama's got to shave those legs.
- •Uninterrupted dinner (at home)A toy makes the baby very angry and needs to be disciplined during dinner. If not, then there's nothing like poo to interrupt a nice meal.
- •Uninterrupted dinner (at restaurants)There was a time when we used to watch people and make interesting conversation with each other. Now we are constantly ducking under the table to pick up toys, napkins, food, phone etc.
- •Comfortable air travelIt must have been nice to have the tiny economy class seat to myself.
- •Unhurried sex.It always seems like an emergency now. Done? Phew she's still asleep.
- •She is totally worth it.Don't wake up yet.....