Artists I Was Obsessed With In High School
Inspired by @plaidflannel and @finesse
- •Norman RockwellMy homeboy since the beginning - my grandmother would cut his works out of her art-themed weekly planners and mail them to me when I was in kindergarten.
- •Alphonse MuchaThe Art Nouveau Artist to end all Art Nouveau Artists
- •John Singer SargentLove his tight-yet-relaxed style, even in his more polished works (this is just a figure study). Also, great sense of color and lighting. 10/10.
- •Brett HelquistThat style!!! Those lines!!! That shading!!! That Character Design!!!!!!!!!!!
- •Vladimir Gvozdev(This is kind of a lie; I'm not really obsessed with his stuff. He's rather obscure and I only know about him from my junior-year art teacher. But his works inspired me to create my own mechanical animal blueprint, which led me to choose a steampunk storyboard for my senior-year ap art concentration. So I owe him a lot. Thanks, Vlad.)