Charming Things I Forgot About South-Central Pennsylvania
- •Restaurants are never crowded because no one lives hereI haven't been in a quiet, vaguely-relaxing Panera for three years!!!
- •People smile at you when you walk byEven if they don't personally know you!!! What a novel idea!!!!
- •The night-crowd isn't threatening at allEven if @hannah_rachel complains about a lack of Eyes On The Street !!!
- •People engage in conversations with youI talked to a barista about animation and Ringling and residential life in Boston!!!!! (Granted, there weren't a lot of customers and she was especially friendly but!)
- •There's fields! And open skies!! And no tall buildings!!!It's a breath of fresh air after feeling so claustrophobic in a big city (and even in a densely-populated suburb when I'm at home)