Already on li.st? Open in app.
something I haven't mastered, but want so badly to be better about
- 1.let them know they've been on your hearthey girl!! - i was just thinking about you!!! - you've been on my heart (during my quiet times, when I read my Bible, when I pray) - OPTIONAL: this verse / sermon / reminded me of you!
- 2.let them know the goodness you want for their lives (especially for far-away friends)college looks so great on you!! - i love to see you killin / thriving at this college thing! - i hope college is treating you beautifully - i hope you're doing so well!!
- 3.open up a window to praying together"you were in my prayers this morning!" OR a "hey girl, how can I pray for you this week?" | if they're a believer, you can also ask them "how's your heart?" or how something they're admittedly struggling with
- 4.when they open up what they're struggling about, maybeshare a itty piece of your testimony if you can relate - give 'em resources (sermon, devotional, part of the Bible, a Bible study method, a small group, a ministry, a service opportunity) - invite to go out to talk about how to pursue God to overcome it
love in the fullest
- •for the hard daysfor they guide me and prompt me to lean on You
here are some notes from a beautiful, insightful sermon about marriage !!!!
- •what kills relationships? selfishness- selfishness is the root of all sin - envying what others have - selfishness breeds distrust - putting others down -
- •why are we His? not because God created us, but because Jesus bought us for a pricelike a factory worker doesn't own the car he's piecing together, but owns it if he goes to the store and buys it
- •love is- picking up the burdens - loving what they love - hating what they hate - pushing them towards their goals - helping them get more out of a relationship - taking their causes as your own
i was in a 15+ car pile-up (including at least 4 semis); our car flipped onto the driver side
- •thank You, Lord for going against the laws of nature to protect us
- •Lord, thank You for giving us peace and comfort
- •thank You for being a God that transcends understanding; a sovereign God that saw this in the beginning
i want to make the most out of my four years
- •have a kaleo summer in Florida
- •study abroadaustralia? costa rica?
- •go on a faith-based medical mission trip
- •swim from Barton Springs to Twin Falls
- •paddle board at Zilker Park
- •brunch at Irene's
- •you're ready to be one in Christ
- •you have been freed of your addictions
- •you have been freed of your anxiety
declarations to speak over yourself (especially when you forget who/whose you are)
- •I am loved by the sole Creator of the universe.
- •I am called by the Father by name.He called me into inheritance! He calls me a Child!
- •I am chosen by Christ before Earth even came into existence.Ephesians 1:4
- •write down your prayers
- •turn off twitter / insta notifications
- •tell people how much they mean to you
some people are just born "moms" — the few, the proud; "mom" isn't a title, it's a lifestyle
- •sits in the car after dropping someone off, to make sure they can get in
- •"okay but text me when you get home so I know you're okay"
- •brings chargers / snacks / waters / bug spray / sunscreen / etc. for everyone