BEING A "MOM" WITHOUT HAVING ANY KIDS: A MEMOIR
some people are just born "moms" — the few, the proud; "mom" isn't a title, it's a lifestyle
- •sits in the car after dropping someone off, to make sure they can get in
- •"okay but text me when you get home so I know you're okay"
- •brings chargers / snacks / waters / bug spray / sunscreen / etc. for everyone
- •"if anyone needs a ride home from the party, please call me and I'll drive them home"
- •gives advice when people are hurt / sick
- •sends texts like "you can do it!!!!" "you got this!!!!"
- •always DD, no matter who or how far they live
- •goes to the store for one thing and leaves with 27 things
- •flipping drunks on their sides because I think they're going to choke on their own vomit and die
- •purse snacks
- •car scissors
- •any grocery store bag is a trash bag if you tie it to a door handle