WIFEY IN CHRIST
here are some notes from a beautiful, insightful sermon about marriage !!!!
- •what kills relationships? selfishness- selfishness is the root of all sin - envying what others have - selfishness breeds distrust - putting others down -
- •why are we His? not because God created us, but because Jesus bought us for a pricelike a factory worker doesn't own the car he's piecing together, but owns it if he goes to the store and buys it
- •love is- picking up the burdens - loving what they love - hating what they hate - pushing them towards their goals - helping them get more out of a relationship - taking their causes as your own
- •death is the ultimate sacrifice "baby i would die for you"including death of selfish desires !!!
- •how to attract godly guys? serve them & othersit shows lack of selfishness - and find joy in it!!!!
- •what keeps relationships? love.it models Christ's love for us (a simplified version of something much more complex than we can imagine) - manifest itself in laying down your life - god picks us back up when we run towards our own selfish desires... that's love - Jesus bid on us with the highest price imaginable
- •"no longer will you call me master, you will call me husband"