Already on li.st? Open in app.
Please let me save you hundreds of hours and dollars and tears.
- •It's ok to care about your hair.It took me a long time to allow myself to feel my feelings about my hair. I punished myself for being shallow. That's just a lot of bad vibes. Once I allowed myself to accept what is, I got to looking for a solution.
- •First things first: A good cut.After years of experimentation I've found that a one length bob is the best starting point. Some stylists might recommend layers for more volume but that doesn't work on thin hair. Too many layers can contribute to a "wispy" look. Keeping it all one length makes the most out of what's there. Keeping it short keeps it light and less likely to weigh itself down.
- •Toppik is your best friend.This stuff is mostly marketed to men but I have no idea why! These are are tiny fibers that stick to your hair. Just tap a few shakes onto any thin spots and watch as any scalp that shows through disappears. I cried the first time I used this and immediately put a French Braid in my hair for the first time in years.
- •None.It happens. Sometimes people are bad with dates. Not an actual reflection of how liked you are. Relax.
- •Facebook post.Excluding the lowercase "hb" without punctuation because that's worse than saying nothing. Thank you for thinking of me. So Nice!
- •Facebook meme.Additional effort noted. So nice!
- •A person in a tank top, cut offs, and flip flops.
- •A person in a coat, hat, and boots.
- •Both people are comfortable.
I don't do this to everyone, just my nearest and dearest. Anyone else?
- •Grilled cheese
- •Crab Rangoon
- •Look for the helpers:"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."
- •Today, an envelope full of coupons arrived
- •I would normally throw it out
- •But I'm at my mother's house
Inspired by @carlyjm
- •Kramer vs. Kramer
Would love to know what you all would want!
- •Personal FinanceI am self taught via the school of learning from mistakes because I had no responsible role models and was completely clueless. I'm still cleaning up financial mistakes from my early 20's.
Here's my story of option paralysis.
- •Maybe it shouldn't feel so complicated.
- •I married my husband two years ago.🎉
- •At that time, my feelings were ambivalent about changing my name. When we got our marriage license, I put both Katsen and Toner on there with the intention of making a decision later.Haha, "later."