Responsibilities of My Best Friends
As my inspiration Mindy Kaling says, "a best friend isn't a person, it's a tier." Here are the things I expect from the people in my "tier."
- •Listen to meI know most of the time I'm talking about things that no one cares about, but if you're my best friend then you should find it endearing.
- •Cuddle with meEven if you hate physical touch you have to make an exception for me
- •Agree with meSometimes I will call you screaming and crying about some perceived injustice and you should ALWAYS take my side in this scenario. I don't care if I'm pissed at the Pope, I am right.
- •Disagree with meAfter aforementioned time when you should agree with me, there will come a time when I return to sanity and become rational again. It's then when you should gently suggest I try another perspective and challenge me to be better. If you hate someone simply because I do...then I do not want you as my best friend.
- •Explore with meI don't want a lazy ass friend who would rather sit inside all day and watch TV. You should love being outside, planning events and going out.
- •Accept that I do not cook or clean but love me anywaysI'm not domestic...deal with it
- •Keep a bottle of my favorite wine on hand in case of emergencyThe way to my heart is through a dry Cab