THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT TODAY'S BIRTHDAY GIRL
@rebeccazemel celebrates her birthday today. Just wanted to share some adorable facts:
- •Her lucky number used to be 84.
- •When she was much smaller, she used to say "eleventy-seven" instead of 17.
- •She can name and place every country in the world.I watched her do it in a game. It's insane.
- •She's so much braver than me.When she graduated college, she didn't know what she wanted to do. Instead of hiding in a desk job until she figured it out (what I would have done), she took actual time to figure out who she wanted to be. Ballsy. I love it.
- •Her Hebrew name means waterfall.She got to choose it. I don't think it's TLC-related but I can't promise.
- •She wanted to change her name to Sparkle Cherry.
- •She's a phenomenal aunt to Monkey.
- •In elementary school, she'd come home and grab some decorative tassels, flip them over so they had "hair" and pretend they were a family.She did the same with crayons.
- •She's got the travel bug.March of The Living tour in high school. A semester abroad in Italy led to all sorts of European travels. Then she spent 8 weeks in Uganda building medical clinics. But seriously, she's got great sandwich recommendations if you're ever in Florence.
- •Some people say we look like twins but we don't see it. See for yourself.Didn't even think we looked related until a few years ago.
- •Her ideal miso soup to Sriracha ratio is 50/50.
- •She introduced me to the concept of a Mental Health Day.In middle school (I think), she asked my mom to stay home because she needed a mental health day. She felt fine, just overwhelmed. What kind is pre-teen knows themselves that well?
- •Want to woo her? Bring show tunes, Cheetos, and wine.
- •She's really funny.Like really funny. See her first List as an example.
- •She can do hair magic with a bobby pin.I can barely braid and she can pull off an upside down French braid into a perfectly coifed top knot.
- •She's a really great sister.We've always gotten along, save for one 6-week period when we shared a room. She eye-rolls our parents with me. We can speak in code (in three languages!) because she gets me. Really, the best.
- •😃🎂,✨🍒!!🎶!Happy birthday, Sparkle Cherry. Jazz!