THOUGHTS UPON MY RETURN TO CAMP
Inspired by @donnie's list, these are my thoughts about returning to my adolescent camp as an adult with a spouse and a baby (in no particular order).
- •Holy shit, I think I packed this kid's whole room to take with us. What the hell am I going to wear? I can still care about that, right?
- •Dear baby, please don't make us those people on the plane. Look, lots of babies! I can totally blame them if you freak out.
- •It's 6pm and hot as balls. I'm not wearing a coat! I love Texas!
- •I have at least 5 country radio stations to choose from. I love Texas!
- •Oh, can't forget to go to Starbucks in Temple, exit 301. Why do I still remember highway exits for places like this. I bet I could still get to Wal-Mart w/o directions.
- •Ninfa's, here I come! Is getting queso as an app before cheese enchiladas overkill? Nope.Seriously, good tex-mex if you ever find yourself in Waco.
- •There are hundreds of people here that I don't know, and I know lots of people. That means this place has impacted sooo many people. 😍 😍😍 Damn I love camp.
- •My kid is so stinking cute, it kind of hurts.
- •It's 11pm and I'm sitting on still-warm-from-the-sun cement and taking to people I've known since the mid90's. This is the life.
- •Where is my family? Everyone is wearing white, they blend in.
- •Is it too late to join the medical profession so I can come back as camp nurse?
- •I've never been to Kerbey Lane not hungover. I hope it's as good as I remember. <meal comes> Holy hell this is delicious. If I move to Texas, breakfast will be one of the contributing factors.
- •Did that car dealership really just offer a free firearm with every car? What in the hell??
- •This place. That smell. Those sunsets. Damn.