FIVE FACTS ABOUT CODEX SERAPHINIANUS: THE WORLD'S WEIRDEST BOOK
Codex Seraphinianus by Luigi Serafini was first published in 1981. Some say this is one of the weirdest books ever published. Read more about the book on AbeBooks.com
- •Codex is an encyclopedia of a bizarre, fantasy world - possibly an alien world.
- •The cover of the 1991 edition features a couple having sex and being transformed into a crocodile.
- •The book comes complete with its own unique (unreadable) alphabet.
- •Images in the book include a peeled banana containing pills, a strange car covered in flies, a man wearing roller-skates with a fountain pen's nib for a hand - stabbed through the chest with a pen...
- •No one has deciphered the alphabet but the number system used to number the pages has been cracked.