WHY BIKING HOME TODAY WAS A POOR CHOICE
I use Hubway, Boston's bike-share program. There are stations all over the city where one can borrow and return bikes. It makes me feel p cool.
- •I had to go to Target after work and it is annoyingly out of the way of public transportation home.
- •So I decide to ignore our mayor's declaration of a heat emergency (read: humidity emergency) and took to the bike lane.
- •I complete my errands at Target.(This part is unimportant.)
- •Now I head home.
- •Buncha hills...↗🚴🏼️↘🚴🏼️↗🚴🏼️↘️
- •But I take inspiration from Laurie Hernandez."I got this."
- •Make it to the station nearest my apartment! Dock bike.
- •Now the worst part. Yes, worse than dodging Fenway traffic while biking in 95% humidity.
- •I have to walk five minutes home from the docking station. No, it's not a difficult walk (normally).
- •BUT I AM DRENCHED IN SWEAT. Sweat in my eyes, sweat down my back, etc.💁🏻💁🏻💁🏻
- •And I don't have a helmet or bike with me to show that I just stupidly exerted myself.
- •No, I look like a monster who drowns in sweat just WALKING down the street.A true monster.
- •As I turn onto my street, I pass a neighbor. My mouth says "hi" while my body says "I'm disgusting!" and my brain wants to say "I just biked, OKAY?!"
- •Anyway, I made it home and took a cold shower.
- •All better! Def T-ing it tomorrow.