JOBS I HAD BEFORE BECOMING A DOCTOR
- 1.Cutting the grassMy parents would pay me $20 to do the front and back yard. I was a 10 year old girl using a push mower and had to have an adult start it for me due to lack of upper body strength.
- 2.BabysittingI was a ''nanny'' for the summer after 8th grade for 2 boys. I was 14. We would walk to Walgreens to buy candy and light stuff on fire in the driveway.
- 3.Frullati Cafe and BakeryI worked at this food court smoothie place from 14-18. Literally was a store manager, with keys and payroll responsibilities at 16. Way too much power, but I was making $10/hr when minimum wage was $5.35. I was rich.
- 4.Chili's Bar and GrillHostess and To Go girl. Decent job. The manager asked me if I was pregnant because I wore big shirts to work.
- 5.Office assistantAs a side job in high school, I did office work for my mom's friend who then threw her back out which made me her driver. True story: I ran a red light in her car once and got a ticket and I didn't tell her and she never told my mom, even though dad it's clearly me in the picture 😳
- 6.Victoria's SecretWorked for 2 weeks during a semi-annual sale. This was by far the worst place I ever worked. They would do crazy shit like schedule you for a 90 minute shift and have you on call for a 2 hour shift. Shame on you, Victoria.
- 7.The Children's PlaceI went back and forth between a Knoxville and Memphis store in college. I made minimum wage folding baby clothes all day and selling credit card apps to women who shouldn't have them. It broke me. Retail is truly the worst existence.
- 8.Sergeant Pepperoni'sStarted waiting my senior year for this small pizza place in Knoxville. Great food, cool owners, easy hours, easy money. 10/10 would recommend.
- 9.Flight Restaurant and Wine BarI worked at this fancier place during medical school breaks. There were lots of rules about your hair and makeup and looks in general BUT I was money printing and did not care. My last job before I grew up!