The Free State Of Jones: Movie Review
- •Great CinematographyOverall, the movie had great picture, sound, and cinematography. The viewer will experience the realism of the Civil War.
- •Slow PacedIt was not too long of a film, however, due to the slow pace. It felt like it added an extra hour.
- •More History, Less StoryThroughout the movie, it showed authentic photos of the Civil War and a timeline of events that took place for a handful of scenes in the film. The story was nice, it just didnt feel like the centre of the films attention.
- •Some Scenes Lacked ExplanationThere were a few scenes that flashforward to the 1960's showing Knight's (Mathew McConaughey) distant grandson. Showing that the discrimination still existed after what he faught for. However, the scenes seemed random and without explanation.
- •5/10. +1We have to add plus one for McConaughey!