Why I'm An Old Soul
As someone born in the late 1990's I've fancied the 30's, 40's, 50's, and early 60's for most of my life to most people's astonishment.
- •Great MusicI absolutely love music from the 1950's and early 1960's. I've always felt it has a great vibe to it. I mostly listen to doo-wop groups. But, some my favorite groups/artists to listen to are Dion and the Belmonts, Leslie Gore, Ben E King, Temptations, Drifters, Platters, and many more.
- •The StyleI'm infatuated with the style of this time period. Mainly the 1950's. I'm a sucker for the clothing and decorative styles. The Chrome on Red. The cars. The "Greaser" look etc.
- •Ladies and GentlemenIt seems as if during this great span of decades, there was a certain level of class and sophistication. One which is rare nowadays. Not to call the recent generations "rude" or "disrespectful" but it was just a little different back then it seems.
- •The Lack Of Technological DependenceDon't get me wrong, I love all things technology. But, I have never been someone who was completely addicted to their phone or whatever other piece of technology it may be. It just seems like the time of enjoying a day on the town with your friends, going out to the drive in's/theatre, and cruisin the boulevard in your convertible are quickly diminishing.
- •I Wish I Was A GeniusSo that I could build a time machine to send myself back to this time where i belong. Maybe one day. But, for now I can only wish.