Things that are currently bringing me happiness amid the mass outbreak of "OMG, We Had It So Good in 2016" sentiment that is taking over social media.
- •The John Green YouTube series 100 DaysAn inspirational web series about two middle age trying to make sustainable diet and health changes to their lives.
- •Terry McDonell's memoir "The Accidental Life"Geeking out over anecdotes of editing and working with amazing writers like David Carr.
- •Walt Harrington's "Artful Journalism: Essays in the Craft and Magic of True Storytelling"Is journalism worth it?
- •Field Notes' Reporter's NotebookGo-to notebook right now.
- •Field Notes' Space PenHas a nice heft to it that reminds me to write things that have a similar heft.
- •Jason Isbell's song "Flying Over Water"The first line "From the sky we looked so organized and brave..."
- •Orange Theory FitnessA gym that's helping me work on cross training for my marathon training this year.
- •This app, List, which is like the best of Twitter minus the aforementioned collective wailing and gnashing of teeth.
- •What are you into right now?