Sounds I've Noticed in and Around Sapa, Vietnam
It's where I am right this moment...
- •Cowbells ringing, worn by water buffalo while they eat on the side of the road
- •Beeps from scooters and motorbikes to let you know they're coming up behind you
- •Cicadas hum
- •So much birdsong
- •Hmong women offering bracelets, often beginning with "where you from?"
- •In Sapa, construction, the city is building so so fast, I suspect it will be almost unrecognizable from now in 10 years
- •Roosters crowing
- •Busses churning up the roads
- •The mountains, far off, are impressive in their silence