Things I've lost - first in a series?
Some things I've lost over the years...
- •A shirt, "western style" with snaps. I took it off at Morningside Park for a softball game and forgot to pick it back up at the end of the game. Summer, 2002. I loved that shirt. It probably wouldn't fit today.
- •Pens. Like I'm graphophobic.
- •Faith in Jesus. I had a crush on a girl who was super pro-choice in 7th grade, and she was asking really good questions to the priest.
- •My journal from college. The opportunities for nostalgia may be diminished, but the opportunities for exaggeration and self glorification are increased.
- •Love of Bill Clinton. I was an enthusiastic supporter in 1992, even driving to St Louis to see him (got in a crash there), but the welfare bill was disgusting and after that he just seemed like a 1950s Republican who used to be for Civil Rights "until they wanted it too fast."
- •My mother's car. Seriously. After she died. I don't know what the fuck happened to it.
- •All my Michael Jordan posters from my youth. The one where he's about to reverse dunk and he's looking coolly at the rim, as if getting the measure of it as another man, another will to break, is my favorite.
- •My journal was way better than this.
- •Best ever. Forever.
- •He doesn't care.
- •He does.
- •Pretty sure, I left the shirt like, right there.