What are the best restaurants in Glendale, CA?
Yes, I’m doing this to start an argument. But I do want to hear what you think. These are my go-to joints in Glendale. I know there are others you might like that I haven’t been to yet (like Bashan), but this is what’s on my list right now. Oh, and these are in no particular order.
- •Din Tai FungNow that I’ve explored the San Gabriel Valley, while there are places that serve better Xiaolongbao (Juicy Pork Dumplings), none do it in such a nice environment.
- •Michael Mina's Bourbon SteakMichael Mina’s Bourbon Steak - The food here is really good, beautifully prepared in a great setting. Just be prepared to fork over a lot of cash.
- •Glendale Pho CompanyIf you’re not heading into Rosemead or San Gabriel for Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup, this place to go.
- •Dinah's Fried ChickenOkay this joint surprised me. The closest thing to the late great Stevie’s Creole Cafe, and I did not see it coming. The closest thing to proper Fried Chicken.
- •Skaf's LebaneseNeighborhood Lebanese not too far from Glendale Community College.
- •RecessChef owned and powered, really, really underrated.
- •Porto'sProbably one of the most popular restaurants period in Los Angeles, and certainly the most popular Cuban place in town. Be prepared for a lot of long, long lines.
- •Taco Azteca OriginalYeah, it doesn’t look great from the outside, but...they make one mean Taco.
- •Mambo'sYes, this place is in Glendale. It’s a converted Gas Station that serves amazing Cuban Food.
- •Mi CorazonA surprisingly good Mexican Joint in Kenneth Village of all places. It serves up some good Tex-Mex dishes, while also serving traditional Mexican good stuff.
- •Raffi's PlaceHave not been in since the remodel, but the elegance factor has jumped up off the charts. Still great food, though.
- •PhoeniciaEverybody’s got their place for Traditional Meza. Hard to argue with one directly across the street from the Armenian Consulate.
- •CarouselThe first place I tried Meza, and it was amazing. It’s right in the heart of town, off Colorado
- •Kanpai RamenThe best Ramen joint in Glendale, and judging by the crowd when I got in there last time, everybody knows it.