Why Anthony Portantino is the choice for the California's 25th
A voter has a lot of choices on election day. Here I'll try to explain why Anthony is the best choice for California Senator.
- •He was a hard-working, fiscally responsible Mayor for La Canada Flintridge.He balanced eight straight budgets, and led successful efforts to preserve open space.
- •He was a popular and effective State Assembly Member.He championed government reform, and stood up for public education, from kindergarten through college.
- •He's an Educator, Activist and State Commissioner.He teaches leadership and public policy at the University of Southern California. He serves on the California State Film Commission.
- •He's known for his independence and integrity.In the State Assembly, at a time of financial crisis, he led by example: refusing a salary increase and turning down costly "perks" like a state-purchased district car.
- •He opposed back-room budget deals.Despite punishment from legislative leaders, he refused to betray his principles and won respect state-wide. Editorials across California praises his courage and his stand for reform.
- •He stands for progressive issues.Anthony has worked for years - both in the Legislature and as a private citizen - on critical issues like job creations, AIDS research, environmental protection, strengthening public education, and safeguarding human and civil rights.
- •He's earned the respect of groups like...California Labor Federation, the Sierra Club, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, the National Organization of Women California, the California Teachers Association, and Planned Parenthood Advocates Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley.