DEFINITIVE LIST OF CHRISTMAS MOVIES
Years of training have prepared me to provide this list of movies. As Christmas weekend wraps up and you are looking for something to cap off the celebrations: here are my recommendations. I always believed you have until New Years for Christmas movies, so plenty of time to enjoy these!
- •It's a wonderful lifeHands down best Christmas movie ever. Don't try to argue with me. Always puts me in the Christmas spirit for the right reasons.
- •White ChristmasA very very close second. A classic but fun one. I know the score by heart by now. #noshame #sisters
- •Holiday InnA slightly less known classics. Actually predates White Christmas. If you haven't seen it, would be my first recommendation.
- •ElfA modern classic. This is my favorite new holiday movie and great light fare for baking cookies or wrapping presents. Also, has wider appeal than some of the originals. #santaiknowhim
- •The Santa ClauseThis one may be controversial, but I don't care. I love it. So. Much. (And can quote it!)
- •A Christmas StoryOne of those movies that just brings back so many memories. Helps us all laugh at our own awkward holiday family memories.
- •Home AlonePerfect for the whole family.
- •Muppet Christmas CarolThis one. The songs alone and subtle comedy are worth the watch. My favorite version of the Christmas Carol. (Sorry dad)
- •Miracle on 34th Street (original)Don't even talk to me about the remakes. This is the only one.
- •Christmas VacationAnother one that helps us all laugh at life and family. Infinitely quotable.
- •Die HardSaw this for the first time this season. It's the only action film to make my list. But deserves to be here. #nowihaveamachinegunhohoho
- •How the Grinch Stole Christmas (w/ Jim Carey)Jim Carey steals the show. But I feel like every time I watch it, I pick up in another point of comedy.
- •Charlie Brown ChristmasWatch this when you feel you have lost Christmas in all the hustle and craziness.
- •Honorable mentions:Love Actually, Scrooged, Christmas in Connecticut, Nightmare before Christmas, The Holiday, While you were sleeping (yes that's a Christmas movie, makes me cry every time)
- •So bad they are good:Christmas with the Kranks, Jingle All the Way, I'll be home for Christmas, Christmas Cupid, Santa Baby
- •Deep cuts: (and worth a view)A very Brady Christmas (you will not regret watching this- we had it taped from TV on VHS!), The Bells of St Mary's, 12 Dates of Christmas, Prancer, Jack Frost, Santa and Pete