I'm writing an essay about dreams, here's some stuff I learned && if you have any more info I want it I want it
- •almost every language has a word for bad dream (nightmare) but no language has a single word for a dream that passes painlessly
- •the official word for sleep talk is "somliloquy" which is so close to soliloquy it's laughable
- •people who are blind are much much more likely to be able to physically feel things in their dreams
- •before color television, 60% of people dreamed in black and white, today that number has dropped to 8%
- •most scientists believe dreaming is just an epiphenomenon, meaning a wonder depending upon a bigger wonder, meaning a side effect of a system that is designed to think & sleep
- •opossums dream twice as much as humans do!