Real-World Adult Situations I Turned in to Childhood Imagination Games
I was always wanting to grow up as a child. I didn't have the Peter Pan syndrome like I do now. Luckily, I had good friends that would pretend with me and we played some pretty odd games.
- •TornadoBasically a reinactment of the critically-acclaimed film, "Twister", this could only be played on stormy days.
- •High SchoolBackpacks, homework, and boyfriends.
- •CollegeBackpacks, homework, boyfriends, sunglasses, and apartments.
- •DrivingWe created a mini road system in our cul-de-sac with chalk and "drove" our bikes. We even made the blinker sound with our tongues.
- •PioneersThis was a dramatic game, complete with deaths, long dresses, and a wagon we pulled baby dolls in around and around the yard.
- •WorkWe pretended to be stressed out in ambiguous desk jobs.
- •Post OfficeEnough said.
- •House, danger editionWe would play normal house and then imaginary bad guys would chase us and we would have to hide in a homemade fort. Very disturbing.
- •HospitalWe performed doll surgeries mostly.