5 WORTH-IT MEAT-FREE TOPPINGS FOR YOUR SALAD LUNCH (IN RETURN FOR THE HEART ATTACK DINNER LATER)
Suffer now, reward later. There are many local salad places around now, and most deal with a minimum of 5 basic additions to a bed of too-big-for-your-mouth green stuff. These are your best bang for your dollars. Keep your chosen dressings separate though and dip if required.
- •Olives / Feta cheeseThis makes up the bulk of my dressing. Just the needed amount of saltiness.
- •BeetrootUncommon in Asia, they turn all it touches purple. A pass if you think the colour is unnatural in nature.
- •AvocadoAnother dressing substitute, and uncommon here too. Mash it and rejoice.
- •BroccoliFills up real good.
- •Sweet potato / PumpkinThe good carbs. Naughty ones include cooked pasta, any nuts, mushrooms and boiled potatoes.
- •Bonus: Other selections like hardboiled eggs and carrots are good too, but I'm going for ROI here.