I WENT AWAY FOR 6 DAYS & THESE HAPPENED
I miss you, listers! 😘
- •Became a slug over the Chinese New Year weekendHappy year of the Monkey, everyone! 🐒 Here's wishing you a year of great health and prosperity! I, er, basically ate, slept, swam at the beach and lounged at my parents'.
- •Listened to Serial Season 1 and got hookedI'm so into podcasts now. I've downloaded all eps of Criminal, and subscribed to Freakonomics, Lore, Invisibilia and others. Gimme gimme gimme recs, please (this puts a dent in my reading habit though 😖)
- •Dropped my mic at my colleaguesWe were talking about the only Empress of China, Wu Zetian (we were at lunch, she was badass, read more here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Zetian). Her son eventually removed her from history and decreed that future emperors must only be male. My colleagues argued that she got ambitious but I countered that if some man did the same as she did, they would not call him ambitious, just a great leader. And having this 'no girls allowed' rule, only men would think this. Again! *mic is dropped*
- •Was bashful. Yup, that's the wordI gave my neighbors pineapple tarts before I left for the parents. And they gave me back goodies when I returned! I received mandarin oranges and Ferrero Rocher chocolates! I love my neighbors but yeah, I wasn't expecting that ☺️
- •My goodest friend got offered a job and she accepted itAnd it's the one that created for herself! That's my girl 💪🏼
- •And then there are GIFsThe blinking teeny GIF banners are freaking me out. Like, quit flashing me for your attention!
- •Share with me your listsI'm missing out some important ones, I think. Also, does the app freezes out on you sometimes? Or at least once a day? Just me?