Books I Have Read More Than Once
- 1.The Places in Between (by Rory Stewart)"I had been walking one afternoon in Scotland and thought: Why don't I just keep going? There was, I said, a magic in leaving a line of footprints stretching across Asia."
- 2.The Little Prince (by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)"'What makes the desert beautiful,' said the little prince, 'is that somewhere it hides a well.'"
- 3.The Brother's Karamazov (by Fyodor Dostoevsky)"I do not rebel against my God, I simply do not accept his world."
- 4.Sense and Sensibility (by Jane Austen)"Elinor agreed to it all, for she did not think he deserved the compliment of rational opposition."
- 5.The Phantom Tollbooth (by Norton Juster)"So many things are possible just as long as you don't know they're impossible."
- 6.Whose Body? (by Dorothy Sayers)"Bunter!” "Yes, my lord.” “Her Grace tells me that a respectable Battersea architect has discovered a dead man in his bath.” “Indeed, my lord? That's very gratifying.” “Very, Bunter. Your choice of words is unerring. I wish Eton and Balliol had done as much for me."