A Picture for Every Month of 2016
Inspired by many - and I did it last year: A Picture for Every Month of 2015 🖼
- •JanuaryMy lovely friend Maren's wedding. It was perfect (even though I had a concussion...). We had so much fun. The hotel was beautiful. The bride's father tried to set me up with his nephew. I played Cards against Humanity at the reception. Overall, one of my favorite weddings ever.
- •FebruaryAnother county championship! I'm always proud of my athletes and the ones we support.
- •MarchMy birthday! It was an excellent one. Treats from both my colleagues and my students, and a lot of love from my kiddos. I felt so loved.
- •AprilMy amazing cousin Carly got married in Houston - where she and her husband both work at NASA! 🚀 We have a small family, and it was nice for us all to be together for such a fun occasion.
- •MayWe end the year by reading Tom Sawyer, abd we act out many of the scenes. I love this picture because it captures all four personalities so clearly: Jaxon who loves silliness more than anything, Alexa collapsed in hilarity, Chloe rolling her eyes and pretending to be over it (but actually enjoying it) and Isaac quietly indulging in the ridiculous. I miss these kiddos.
- •JuneKnee surgery #5. It was very slow healing, but once it finally did, I felt much better since. So glad.
- •JulyAnother year of camp. I seriously cannot explain what it means to be to have been a part of this place and these people's lives for so long. I can't explain how they have changed me for the better.
- •AugustThe beginning of a new school year. Here, my kiddos are sharing about the books they're reading so that others can maybe find a new one to read.
- •SeptemberWe competed in an adult spelling bee. Dressed as Harry Potter characters. And WE WON. 🏆🤓
- •OctoberMy favorite team Halloween costume we've ever done - the 20th century. I think we pulled it off damn well.
- •NovemberI SAW HAMILTON IN NEW YORK CITY.
- •DecemberMy social life has been so much better the last two months. And that has everything to do with joining the young professional group I'm in now. This girl is one of the best new friends I've made. Here we are at the JCI holiday party, which was a blast.