Gratitudes in 2016
It's the day to do it.
- •For my family. Today, especially, because at our table there are no Trump supporters, but instead a table full of people who ardently campaigned on behalf of HRC in Ohio.Those of you who feel like you're heading into war zones today, please know that I am thinking of you with love and support. Take care of yourself today.
- •My friends, who see me and love me for exactly the person that I am
- •My health
- •Mental health care that I can easily accessAnd a doctor who validated me from the beginning of this process. And who says things like "Just remember, therapists are like family. Some you love. Some are stinkers."
- •My job, which I love and can use as a platform to help make my world a better place
- •JCI Indianapolis, the young professional organization I've become involved in and which I can use as a platform to make my city a better placeNot to mention make some great friends
- •The ability to read, and the love of readingAnd my dad who let me use his library card yesterday to check out nothing but a huge stack of trashy romance novels
- •A voice and the ability to use it
- •Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- •PodcastsTwo in particular are saving me right now: Overdue and Buffering the Vampire Slayer
- •My former campers, who are becoming grown ups and I'm so fucking proud of themI got this message today from a young lady who I first had as a camper when she was in 3rd grade. She's graduated from high school now and about to move to NYC to pursue her dream. I am overwhelmed with pride.
- •The freedoms I have, and the knowledge that I will fight to make sure EVERYONE in my country achieves and retains them.
- •I'm grateful to be part of this community, a place that has challenged me to be better and more knowledgeable and more compassionate. Even if I don't like the new feed and I miss trending lists.
- •And there's more. But that's a start.