My Favorite Hamilton Characters (Ranked)
Inspired by @ohaityler Also sorry I list about Hamilton so much.
- 8.Aaron Burr"Wait for It" is everything. "I am inimitable; I am an original" is probably my favorite line from the show. And I love how well-rounded a character he is. So real. But he's still the villain, and can't be my number one favorite!
- 7.Alexander HamiltonHe's a little bit the worst, right? He's arrogant and selfish and impulsive. But also a genius and focused on what will help his country. Conflicting feelings.
- 6.Phillip HamiltonMostly I just like his 9th birthday rap. Largely because I listened to "Blow Us All Away" once and it was too much. Haven't heard it through since. I'm going to a disaster during the actual show.
- 5.Angelica SchuylerI like her - "When I meet Thomas Jefferson, I'mma compel him to include women in the sequel!" is one of the best lines of the show. And "Satisfied" is definitely one of the best songs. But also, it weirds me out that she continues to pursue Alexander after he's married to her sister?
- 4.John Laurens"We'll never be too truly free until those in bondage have the same rights as you and me." Need I say more? Okay. "Just wait until I sally in on a stallion with the first black batallion."
- 3.Eliza (née Schuyler) HamiltonThis woman gets so much respect from me. I love Phillipa Soo's voice, but also the indomitable sense of strength she brings to this character. Eliza deals with a lot. She loves this man who loves his work and the idea of his legacy. But she helps build his legacy, and in doing so, builds her own.
- 2.George WashingtonI just love Chris Jackson in this role so much. He made GW real to me - scared and overwhelmed and feeling responsible for everyone and a leader everyone wants to follow. I won't yell you at if you call me son, General Washington!
- 1.Hercules MulliganWas there any doubt? I love him so much. When you knock him down, he gets the fuck back up again. And his pants look hot.