THE BEST THING A MALE CO-WORKER HAS SAID TO ME RECENTLY
- •A male co-worker stopped into my room this morning. We were discussing the massive dress code drama that went down among the 8th grade yesterdayIt was real stupid, y'all. I can't even.
- •And he says to me "Aren't these dress codes.... misogynistic?""Making the girls cover up to make the boys behave?"
- •YEAH HE DID. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
- •So there are some guys out there who are getting it. And they're teaching male and female students. And raising daughters.
- •I'd actually had a similar conversation the day before with a different male co-worker about the inherent issues with dress codes and how they contribute to rape culture. And he agreed. Another man, intelligent and informed, working with our youth. It's not just women.Even if it's *mostly* women?
- •So basically, I have some hope for the world.
- •If we keep saying it loud enough, people will listen. Things can change.