Thoughts on New Fall TV Shows Thus Far
I really like television, you guys.
- •This Is UsThe pilot was mostly interesting for the twist at the end. It seems well acted, and I'm curious where the show will head. But I don't have a sense of what it's trying to be yet. I will say - even knowing there was a twist, I was still surprised by what it was.
- •PitchI liked this a lot. There were good supporting characters, which I think is essential for this kind of show. I like that Ginny seems to have realistic reactions - she seems authentic to me. Also I totally choked up at the tiny girl holding up the "I'm Next" sign.
- •The Good PlaceI mean. Kristen Bell. Mike Schur. I am loving this show so far. Plus I've already seen 3 episodes, which is great. They've proven they're going to move quickly, and mix plot with humor really well. Bell is perfect for this role, plus I love her "soulmate" Chidi.
- •NotoriousIt's Shonda-lite, but who cares? I am here for Daniel Sunjata. And Piper Perabo worked way better in this role than expected (I could never buy her as a spy in Covert Affairs). I'm in for now.
- •I recorded MacGyver but don't know if I'll watch. It looks pretty terrible. Plus I can only think of Lucas Till as the guy from the Taylor Swift video.
- •Haven't watched Designated Survivor. I might do that on demand this weekend; we'll see.
- •What are y'all's thoughts? What did I miss from this week? I love talking tv with people!