How My Friends Described Some Colors To Me When I Couldn't See
When I was a kid, I was legally blind due to the improper development of neurological connections as well as underdeveloped muscles. After a great doctor and a lot of work, I can see just fine now but for a while in my childhood, after a period of nothing, all I had was light and dark - this is how I remember family/friends describing colors to me.
- •RedThey had me stand outside in the sun. They told me that the heat I was feeling is red. They explained that red is the color of a burn, from heat, embarrassment, or even anger.
- •YellowI didn't touch anything for this, they just told me that whenever you laugh so hard you can't stop, that that happiness is what yellow looks like.
- •GreenI held soft leaves and wet grass. They told me green felt like life. To this day it is still very much my favorite color.
- •BlueThey put my hands in their pool. They told me that that sensation I felt while swimming, that omnipresent coolness, that's blue. Blue feels like relaxation.
- •BrownI held dirt and I touched a tree. They told me brown felt like earth, and like crunchy leaves or wilting flowers.
- •GreyThey told me that the rain is grey, and that so is concrete or cement. That it is a hard color, stern and with no personality. (Sorry grey, I like you now! But you scared me back then)