ANNOYING BUZZWORDS USED BY MEDIA THEORISTS 🐝📖
Here is a list of academic phrases found in just ONE PAGE of a book I am reading for class. The field of media and communications is really big on made-up buzzwords. What are your most eye-roll-inducing academic phrases?
- •Discursive spacesThis is a fancy way of labeling something as a context for conversation.
- •Neoliberal subjectivityLiterally I don't know what this means, but I've used it in a bunch of papers.
- •Neoliberal selfhoodSee above.
- •A world of hybridized/fused identitiesCultural globalization or something
- •ImbricatedThis just means layered or overlapping.
- •The autonomous, bounded selfThis was almost the title of a Destiny's Child song, but Beyonce's daddy though Independent Women, Pt. 1 was a little catchier.
- •Detraditionalization of the selfUgh.
- •An intersubjective construction of selfhoodMore buzzwords, you ask? Why, yes.
- •Connective selvingOMG WHY didn't I pick a real major