I AM THANKFUL FOR... TV EDITION
I love television. Here's a list in progress of TV shows that have always made me smile when I needed it the most. *SPOILER WARNING*
- •The OfficeIt pains me to admit that I didn't watch the Office until this year. Like every other straight person in a relationship, I felt a deep connection to Pam and Jim. My relationship was going through something weirdly similar to Jim and Pam's Philadelphia struggles just as I was watching that season. Watching these fictional characters work through it in such a real way just genuinely gave me hope.
- •30 RockThis show kept me laughing through multiple high school break ups, which are pretty tragic.
- •Master of NoneI'm going through some shit now. This show is just really good and really funny. It is what I need.
- •CommunityWhile it did have a few rough patches, this is probably the weirdest, funniest show I have ever seen. 🎵 Troy and abed in the mooorning 🎵
- •Parks and RecreationI will probably rewatch this show once every 3 years for the rest of my life. The second time that I watched it from start to finish was during a period of anxiety and depression, and it got me through.
- •Gossip GirlThe first few seasons, specifically. I've binged GG a few times, but sometimes when I'm feeling down I just like to pick a random episode from the seasons when they're all still in high school. Sometimes all you need is a classic Blair Waldorf scheme to cheer you up.