books i've read/am reading this summer
- •bad feminist by roxanne gayif you like feminist think pieces you'll love this! i hated the first essay though, i was so bored with it i almost quit it but then i thought "in not being graded in this, i can skip it" and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the book.
- •emma by jane austeni'm reading this for the first time ever and i like it a lot. i like that jane didn't make emma likable as much as she made her really interesting.
- •a tree grows in brooklyn by betty smithfrancie nolan is my favorite fictional girl ever. (sorry hermione!) this is one of my all time favorite novels.
- •once and for all by @sarahdessenloved it! i was sad by how much i related to it, the dead boyfriend and all...yeah.
- •the daughters of juárez by teresa rodrigueznon fiction? on my reading list? it happens sometimes...this is about the murders that happened in juárez, mexico in the 1990's. it's not a pleasant read, but it's compelling and relevant to my studies and i'm enjoying it for those reasons. but the subject matter is horrendously violent. it's interesting because it's written by a famous journalist from univision - famous enough that i know who she is, and i watch the news in english. it reads like a news story instead of a history book.