songs I love today
I'm binge writing so I'm listening to a lot of music and musing a lot
- •"Don't Take The Money" BleachersHonestly this is probably one of my favorite releases this year!!!!!! It just feels so good, fuck, I can't stop listening. It's the kind of music that's flavored by Springsteen and The Cure but is also one guys art. Fighting to exist and I love it.
- •"The Kids Don't Wanna Come Home" Declan McKennaThis kid is SO talented, don't sleep on him. He's just clever and the kind of whiny I like, the "I am genuinely frustrated with the world and this is my scream of disappointment and disapproval"
- •"Big Beautiful Day" PWR BTTMGOD THE GLITTER PUNK LAYING IN THE GUTTER LOOKING AT THE STARS VIBES IF THIS BAND ARE SO GREAT. THEY MAKE ME HEART SO HAPPY.
- •"Green Light" LordeI'm pretty sure I've listened to this like 67 times this week and cried at least half of them, his is my screaming alone in my car song lately.
- •"The Night We Met" Lord HuronI loved this song before it was in 13 Reasons Why and now it's 17,000x sadder. Lord Huron is one of my favorite modern bands though, their art is so wonderful.
- •"Band On The Run" WingsThis is how the Beatles would have sounded on a reunion album. One of those old cozy songs I've known and loved my whole life.
- •"Say You Love Me" Jessie WareI love this song, especially the tiny desk version. That chorus is so so good. "We're running out of words to say" ugh so good.
- •"Your Heart Is An Empty Room" Death Cab For Cutie"The chase is all you know and she stopped running months ago..." THIS SONG KILLS ME SO BEAUTIFULLY. one of my all time favorites.
- •"River" Leon BridgesI'm late to the party but I'm here okay and I never want to leave it's incredible okay love love love this song.
- •"Filthy Luck" Beach Slang"I'm a slave to always fucking up" is probably the explanation of who I am as a person. James Snyder is opposed to growing up and getting boring, and I approve and get it.
- •"Galway Girl" Ed SheeranHonestly this song just feels so good, it makes me want to believe in the goodness of strangers and perfect nights and it reminds me of wild nights out with my cousins to Irish pubs where we dominate the entire bar with out rambunctiousness.