THE HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE
I saw this about three weeks ago and completely forgot to list about it! I recommend it VERY highly! (Although I generally recommend anything out of New Zealand very highly)
- •Taika Waititi's new film is glorious, the shots of the New Zealand bush are incredible, so luscious and green, something I often forget about.
- •Julian Dennison as Ricky Baker is great, he's funny, a real try hard, trouble-maker, and I think every New Zealander recognises him as a child they know now or once knew.
- •Roma Te Wiata as Aunt Bella is sweet, and so real. I know dozens of women who are almost exactly her, whether it be in her mannerisms, her humour, her sweetness, or her rough as guts, kiwi farm girl exterior.
- •Sam Neill as Uncle Hec is lovely, as a grumpy, sullen man, looking to disappear.
- •Rachel House as Paula is exactly what she always is - exactly who she needs to be. I think the long term collaboration of she and Taika gets more interesting with each film.I think Boy will always be my fave
- •It's funny. Somehow both exactly what you'd expect from Taika, while also nothing of the sort. Heartbreaking, but funny and warm, packed full of adventure, action, and love.
- •It's already a classic New Zealand film.
- •Also I have a massive crush on Taika, I think I've talked about this before.
- •@franksars @ltoiaivao I think this will be right up your alleys! Unless you've already seen it, in which case let me know what ya think!