How I feel when my teenage nieces are talking....
So I'm back in Atlanta this week, I talk to my nieces on FaceTime but it's been awhile since I've seen them in person. I realize that there is NO WAY I will ever be able to keep up with teenage girls. They go from 0-60 in 0 sec. This was a conversation I was "supposed" to be apart of, but I have no idea if I really was or not.
- •Teen 1: "Ooh Aunt Mara you need to listen to this...""Okay, sounds good...." Oh my this is bad! What are these kids listening to these days! I'm into rap but GOD is this bad!
- •Teen 1: "So I also like...Oh my gosh! I can't believe you JUST said that!"So are you talking to me or your sister?" I don't even think she heard me. I think she's talking to her sister, no wait...she's waiting for an answer, she must have been talking to me...
- •Teen 2: "Yeah I said it!"Okay, she wasn't talking to me, phew, I'm off the hook, Oh God! What are they talking about now! I wish they could slow it down for us old folks.
- •Teen 2: "No! You need to play this...oooO, Kylie Jenner just posted a pick!"Oh No! I do NOT "Keep up with the Kardashians" which one is Kylie again? "Which one is that again?"
- •Teen 1: "I have a friend named Kylie Jensen"Awesome but that still doesn't answer my question, ugh! I'm so done talking
- •Teen 2: "Oh yeah! She's SO nice!""WAIT!! Who are you talking about?! Kylie Jensen or Kylie Jenner?" Oh God! Why do I even care?!
- •Teen 1 and 2: "Jensen! But Kylie Jenner is nice too."I'm done! It's only been 5 minutes and I can't take it anymore! Time to zone out!